To send money to friends, Venmo is a great option! You can add your Ellis card and bank account directly to Venmo and start sending and receiving money.
1. Download the Venmo app and make an account using your US address and phone number.
2. Click the 'Settings' button at the top right of the app
3. Select 'Payment Methods'
4. Select 'Add a bank or card'
Add Ellis debit card
5. Click 'Card'.
You will not be charged a fee for sending money using your Ellis debit card!
6. Enter the details on the back of your Ellis debit card. In the ZIP code field, enter the zip code listed under 'Billing Address' in the Ellis app.
Once added successfully, you will be able to see your Ellis debit card under your Venmo payment methods!
Add Ellis bank account
5. Click 'Bank' when adding a new payment method.
6. Click 'Continue'.
7. Search and select 'Ellis'.
8. Enter your phone number.
Please ensure that the phone number you enter is the same as the one attached to your Ellis account. If you need to change the phone number on your Ellis account, reach out to Support to do so.
9. Venmo will text you a verification code. Enter the code into the provided field.
10. Select 'checking'.
Once added successfully, you will be able to see your Ellis bank account under your Venmo payment methods!
Please keep in mind that Venmo limits transactions to $300 per week if you do not have a Social Security Number.