To transfer funds from a State Bank of India (SBI) account to your Ellis bank account, please follow the steps below.
1. Log in to the SBI Personal Bank portal.
2. Click 'Payments/Transfers'.
3. Hover over 'International Funds Transfer' and click 'Foreign Currency Transfer/Remittance'.
4. Select 'UNITED STATES' as 'Country Name' and 'US Dollar' as 'Currency Name'.
5. Enter your Ellis bank account number and beneficiary name.
'Beneficiary Name' is the name of the Ellis bank account holder.
You can find your Ellis bank account details in the Ellis app, by clicking on the 'Money' tab and selecting 'Bank transfers'.
6. Select 'INPUT ABA ROUTING NUMBER'.
7. Enter '051402372' as the 'ABA Routing Number', then click 'Get ABA Info'.
8. Enter your Ellis bank account billing address.
Your billing address is listed in the Ellis app, which can be viewed if you click 'Virtual Card' or 'Physical Card'.
9. Enter your contact information and the other requested identifying information. Click 'Register'.
10. Click 'Approve'.
11. Click 'Show Details'.
12. Confirm that the entered information is correct and click 'Approve'.
It will take up to 4 hours for SBI to activate your new beneficiary.
13. Once your beneficiary is activated, click on 'Payments/Transfers' again. Hover over 'International Funds Transfer' and click 'Foreign Currency Transfer/Remittance'.
14. Select the beneficiary you just added from the dropdown menu.
15. Enter the amount that you would like to send to your Ellis account and click 'Proceed'.
16. Select 'Guaranteed' as the charges type.
This ensures that your wire will land in your Ellis account as the same amount that you are sending.
17. Choose the 'Purpose of Remittance' and 'Source of fund' from the dropdown menus. Select 'UNITED STATES' as the 'Ultimate Country Name'.
Click 'Proceed' after you have entered your 'Remarks/Remittance Instruction'.
18. Confirm that the displayed information is correct then click 'Submit'.
Once confirmed, you're all done! The wire amount should be reflected in your Ellis account balance in 1-3 business days (excluding weekends and bank holidays).